Alonso: Fernandez remains a Chelsea player, focused on Fulham opener
Chelsea head coach Xabi Alonso says Enzo Fernandez is fully committed to the club as speculation over a potential Manchester City move continues.

Chelsea head coach Xabi Alonso has praised Argentina midfielder Enzo Fernandez's attitude since returning to the club, even as transfer speculation surrounding the 25-year-old continues.
Back in late May, Chelsea reached an understanding with Fernandez's agent Javier Pastore that the player could depart for £120m, provided any offer arrived by a deadline of 14 August. With that deadline having passed last Friday without a formal bid, Chelsea have since informed Fernandez's representatives that he will not be sold during the current window.
Manchester City, managed by Enzo Maresca, who previously coached Fernandez at Chelsea, remain interested in signing him and reportedly believe Chelsea are still open to a deal.
Preparing for the season opener
Despite the ongoing uncertainty, Alonso indicated that Fernandez is fully focused on Chelsea's Premier League opener away at Fulham on Monday. Speaking at a Thursday news conference, when asked whether Fernandez would remain at Stamford Bridge once the transfer window shuts on 1 September, Alonso said: "Enzo is a Chelsea player. We are happy with him and he's getting ready for Monday."
Alonso further noted that the midfielder has "integrated really well" since rejoining the squad following the World Cup and is "training really well." He added: "I see him with a really good attitude and that's what we want."


