Hearn: No-one can stop Fury-Joshua fight from happening
Promoter Eddie Hearn insists the contracted fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua will go ahead despite Fury's doubts, as a dispute continues over whether it will be staged in the UK or the US.

Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn has said the anticipated bout between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua is certain to happen and cannot be called off by either fighter. His comments came after Fury suggested on Friday that the fight was unlikely to take place.
Hearn, who represents Joshua, told DAZN that the contract for the fight has already been signed and both sides are simply waiting to agree on a date. He said Fury's public frustration does not reflect the actual situation, since the fight is fully agreed and neither side can unilaterally withdraw from a signed contract. According to Hearn, the only scenario in which the fight would not happen is if the contract were breached.
Dispute over venue
Fury and Joshua had been expected to meet in November in what would be regarded as one of the biggest fights in British boxing history. Joshua and Hearn have signed a contract for the bout to be held in the United Kingdom, but Saudi organisers Sela are pushing to move the event to the United States.
Both Joshua and Fury hold separate contracts with Sela. Reports suggest the organisers favour Madison Square Garden in New York, partly to make the fight — which will be broadcast on Netflix — more accessible to American audiences.
Hearn acknowledged that most parties involved would prefer the fight take place in America, but said his side does not share that preference. He noted that terms have been presented to Sela under which a move to the US could be considered, while making clear the UK remains the preferred option.


