Wednesday, 19 August 2026
Rīga TV

World and Latvian news in one place

WorldPublished: 20 August 2026 at 01:00

Prince Harry and Meghan reportedly planning to move back to Britain this month

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are reportedly planning to relocate to Britain with their children later this month, six years after moving to the US. King Charles and the Prince and Princess of Wales have already been told of the decision.

Foto: The Guardian World

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are planning to return to live in Britain later this month, according to a report by the Daily Telegraph, six years after they left for the United States.

Harry and Meghan will reportedly be joined by their two children, seven-year-old Prince Archie and five-year-old Princess Lilibet. The family is expected to move into a non-royal residence believed to be located outside London, rather than any official royal property. Both children are said to be enrolled to begin school in September.

According to the Telegraph, King Charles was informed on Sunday that his son and daughter-in-law intend to return. The news follows a reunion last month between the king and the Sussexes at his Highgrove estate in Gloucestershire, the couple's first such meeting in some time.

The king is reported to welcome the chance to spend more time with his family in a personal capacity, though Harry and Meghan's status will remain unchanged — they gave up their official working roles within the royal family previously, and this move will not affect that. The Prince and Princess of Wales have also reportedly been told of the decision.

The couple are expected to keep their properties in Montecito, California, and in Portugal, where they holidayed earlier this summer. Details of their security arrangements in the UK have not been made public.

Ongoing disputes over security had already affected the family's plans this year — Harry attended events in London last month without Meghan or the children, despite this originally being planned otherwise. Harry, 41, has repeatedly said he would not feel safe bringing his family to the UK without police protection.

Comments

0/1500

Comments are automatically moderated. No hate, threats, personal data or spam.

Loading comments…

More in this category